A Volvo’s striking design and powerful engine set them apart from its competitors. A well-maintained Volvo will perform at an exceptionally high level for as long as possible. The high performance of the Volvo car is as a result of some key components, one of which is the cooling fan module. It is possible that a faulty cooling fan module could be responsible for some problems that develop over time.
Air flows consistently throughout your Volvo’s cabin thanks to the cooling fan module. It regulates how much air is blown into the cabin by the blower. Considering its importance, the cooling fan module has to be repaired or replaced when it becomes faulty.
The Role of The Cooling Fan Module in Your Volvo
The cooling fan in a car is an electrical system responsible for regulating the interior temperature of the engine. When functioning correctly, it automatically comes on and off based on the temperature of the engine.
The performance and longevity of the engine are greatly influenced by the cooling fan. It is likely that the engine’s temperature will rise and remain high for an extended period without a cooling fan, causing its internal components to break down sooner. If a fault in the cooling fan is not resolved, it will lead to even more severe problems, such as the complete failure of the engine.
The cooling fan is critical to your engine and should be inspected immediately if you suspect a malfunction. This will allow you to avoid having to make much more costly repairs in the future.
Causes of Cooling Fan Module Failure
Cooling fan module failure could arise from either of these:
- Electrical malfunction: Electrical malfunctions in the cooling fan circuit are one of the most common causes of cooling fan module failures. During a power failure, the cooling fan module will immediately shut down as it is driven by electricity.
- Faulty wires: The cooling fan module can also malfunction as a result of faulty fan wiring, causing the automobile to overheat. A malfunctioning temperature sensor causes the cooling fan module to be unable to control the speed at which the fans rotate, which causes the engine to become overheated. If the cooling fan module fails in your Volvo, coolant levels may drop alarmingly low. The result is that Volvo’s cooling capacity is impaired. Therefore, most manufacturers recommend maintaining an optimum level of coolant at all times.
Warning Signs of a Faulty Cooling Fan Module
When your Volvo’s cooling fan system is malfunctioning, you will be alerted to the problem. There are several symptoms associated with this condition, including:
- Engine overheating: A malfunctioning cooling fan module can cause your engine to overheat if it is unable to regulate the temperature inside the hood of your vehicle. A weak cooling fan module can also cause this problem since the fan will run slower and will not be able to regulate the temperature as efficiently as it should.
- Hot air in the cabin: Another symptom of a damaged cooling fan system is increased levels of warm or hot air in your vehicle’s cabin. When the cooling fan system malfunctions, it will affect the motors that run the blower, resulting in less fresh air being supplied to the cabin. This will lead to a constant feeling of hotness and congestion in the vehicle.
- The cooling system runs continuously: The cooling fan module is designed to keep the car parts cool when they become too hot. This process is repeated until the temperature returns to normal. After regulating the temperature or turning off the vehicle, if the cooling fans do not cease, it is most likely faulty and requires repair.
Visit Bruce Cox Imports for the Best Automotive Repair Services
The cooling fan is an important component of your Volvo’s overall operation, and at Bruce Cox Imports, we understand the importance of keeping this component working in top condition at all times for your engine’s health. Our team of mechanics have the needed experience to handle any problem in your Volvo vehicle.
We conveniently serve car owners in Ferndale, Lynden, and Bellingham, WA communities. Allow us to demonstrate why we are regarded as the best in the industry by visiting us in person. The trust you place in us and the patronage you give us are important to us. Book an appointment now!